I know what you're thinking. A half marathon, and then, three weeks later, a full marathon! You must be crazy! I agree, that would be crazy. However, in addition to the full marathon, there is also a 5K race on the same day. It follows a little bit of the same course, and so I signed up to run the shorter race.
A 5K is a little over three miles in distance. So at 7:30 that brisk Saturday morning, I lined up with about 250 other runners. At 7:30AM sharp, we were off.
Now, three miles is not all that far if you've been running regularly, as I have. I managed to complete the race in 23:08. Yes, just over 23 minutes to cover a little more than three miles. It timed out to 7:27 per mile, or just a touch over 8 miles per hour. I feel really good about that.
On top of that, I also finished 7th overall in the race. Yes, it's my first ever top 10 finish! I managed to get back home less than an hour after the race had started, and Carrie was so happy for me, she took my picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment