So imagine my joy when Carrie found a way to get 40 pounds of lean ground beef at a spectacular price. Recently, she has found a number of good deals for meat for us. We had the 30 pounds of bacon, as well as the 40 pounds of chicken breasts. Now, we have 40 pounds of lean ground beef to help fill our freezer.
As with the other two meats, I went to pick them up at their special location that we have in town for such deliveries. (For those who may wonder, these arrangements are completely legal!) The man on the truck delivered the box of beef into my trunk, which I then brought home. Here you can see how it looked when we opened the box to see the marvelous meat inside.
We even decided to try out a little bit tonight. I had to make a soup for our soup supper tomorrow night, so once again, Carrie did her magic and found a cheeseburger soup to make. So a pound of this meat made its way into that soup. How will it taste? Well, I won't be able to tell you that until tomorrow night. Until then, I will rest peacefully, knowing that I have lots of good, delicious meat in the freezer anytime I want some.
No comments:
Post a Comment