1. Well, we are back from Georgia. Overall, our trip went well. The Little One traveled amazingly well...she's going
to be a little world traveler just like her Mommy:-)
Here's our best attempt at a family photo on her 1st flight. Excuse
our attire...burp cloths, nursing cover,
etc. They are all part of our regular attire now. The flight attendants
were so sweet when they found out it was her 1st flight. They gave her
her "wings."
It was so great to see our friends and be able to stay with them. Even though we had just seen
them in June for R's baptism, it was fun for them to be able to see how she has
grown. And we always love spending time with our Goddaughter. Additionally, it was so nice to be able to borrow all things baby from them- car seat, stroller, play pen, etc. It sure made traveling on the plane so much easier when we didn't have to bring all those things.
Things with the prospective job went ok as well. We're still not sure
what's going to happen, but we will know more in the coming weeks. I continue to add to the pros and cons list that I have running in
my head. Cons: terrible traffic, humidity, big city; Pros: MOPS groups,
Bible studies, more things for R and I to do like play groups, Christian preschools and day
schools, better shopping choices, etc. Ultimately, it comes down to where God wants us to live and serve. Praying that makes His direction
clear to us in the coming weeks and days.
2. As a result of being passed around so much and/or the flight home and/or
the change in weather here, the Little One came down with her 1st cold this week. Poor
little girl. She's been so congested. We've been doing nose drops
every 4 hours and running the humidifier in her room, but it's so awful to have
her wake up from sleep with thick boogers coming out her nose. And then
to hear her trying to sniff it down or push it out of her nose is simply awful.
3. The best part of the trip to GA, however, is that the Little One no longer naps in the
swing, she is done with the swaddle, AND....ready for the big one...she puts
herself to sleep in the crib ALL THE TIME! Amazing. Simply
amazing. I cannot tell you how incredible it is to see that she's sleepy,
and then put her in the crib and she goes to sleep! Most of the time,
she's asleep within 5-10 minutes. Sometimes she will cry/wimper for a few
minutes. Other times she will play. But regardless...she puts
herself to sleep! Wahoo. I feel like a new woman.
4. The trip to GA started our trifecta of fall travel. We have a quick
trip to CO and another to MN coming up this fall. I'm so glad she
traveled well on this first trip, since it was the longest one. I'm
hopeful the others will go equally well.
5. The fall colors are really starting to pop around the hillsides
here. It's just so beautiful. I'm thinking we're going to try and
take some more family pictures with the beautiful mountains. I'd love to
have some shots of us in the mountains...especially if we do end up moving in
the near future. I made Scott stop the car on the way home from the
airport. I just had to get out of the car and snap a few photos.
Little cheapy camera, as I affectionately call my travel camera, hardly does
justice to the beautiful sights we saw, but still, at least you get some idea.
Have a great rest of the weekend, y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment