So you may have noticed that the fantasy football updates haven't been quite as regular as they were earlier in the year. But now it's playoff time for us, and so we have some news to report.
First of all, both Carrie and I made the playoffs in our church league. I ended up, somehow, with the 2nd overall record, which meant that I had a week off during the first week of the playoffs. Carrie made the playoffs as the 3rd best team, which means that she had a game last weekend in the first round.
In my other league, I managed to grab the top overall record, so I sit nicely with the easiest path to the championship. Those playoffs don't begin until this coming weekend's set of games.
However, our church league playoffs started this past weekend. As I mentioned, I had a week off, so I automatically advanced to the next round. Carrie had a matchup against one of the high school boys, which sadly ended in defeat for her. That means that, this week, she will be playing another friend from our church for 5th/6th place overall.
I have a matchup with the team that ended up with almost the most points in the league, but also ended up with a fairly poor record. I like my chances of advancing to the championship round with a win this weekend.
In my other league, I'm battling the guy who finished 4th overall. Because points are a little more difficult to come by in that league, I'm hopeful for a good round, and then advancing on to take home the money for a championship.
Root, root, root for the home team!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment