Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fantasy Football Farewell

It's so sad. It's all over. There's nothing but the crying left.

Yes, fantasy football season is over. It was a flurry throughout the playoffs, and I ask your forgiveness for not keeping you up to date. For some reason, Christmas and that time of year gets a little busy for me.

As you may recall, Carrie and I both made the playoffs in our mutual league, and I also made them as the top seed in my other league. In the first round of our league, Carrie was shocked and upset as she went down, losing her first round matchup and relegating her to the consolation bracket. She then followed that up with a win to secure 5th place overall.

I had a bye week the first round, so I didn't face any competition until the next week. Sadly, I also ended up losing my first matchup, which relegated me to the 3rd/4th place game. I ended up winning that one, thus claiming 3rd overall for our league.

In my other league, despite being the top seed, I played a team who had a lot of players on good teams playing well in December. As can be expected, I was upset and ended up losing that matchup. However, I ended up winning the consolation side, thus ensuring that I finished in 3rd place in both leagues.

So, to recap, Carrie and I lost all our first matchups, then won our second ones. No championships will make their home here, but we're hopeful for next year!

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Sorry to hear that. I won my league; was 4th seed out of 4 in the playoffs.