Half birthdays. Who celebrates them? We do. Well, really it's just me. You see, my birthday is in July, and growing up I never got to celebrate my birthday at school like all of the other kids. So what happened? I celebrated my half birthday with all of my classmates by bringing cupcakes in January.
Last week was my half birthday and while I really don't celebrate it anymore, I do always remember that it's my half birthday because of my childhood times. This year my dear husband surprised me with cupcakes on my half birthday (think- half a cake) and a night out at a new restaurant in town. The restaurant is a blues and smoked BBQ place that was having their soft opening. Cornbread, brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey- yum! It was fun to try it and fun to be surprised with a half birthday celebration.
So how about any of the rest of you with summer birthdays- ever celebrate your half birthday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My birthday is in July too, and was always so bummed I didn't get to celebrate it in school! I always just took popsicles the last day of school. What was the new restaurant you tried? Sounds delish!
They have a blues and BBQ place there? Wow. Sad I missed it.
Yes, the new place just opened in January for their soft opening. They are near Macey's. They haven't even started advertising yet. It's all word of mouth. It's called Smokey Blues, I think, or Smoking Blues. I can't remember.
Post a Comment