Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Look Who's Back!

It's our friendly neighborhood pheasant.

I was sitting in the kitchen two weeks ago when I heard the distinctive sound of a pheasant. It sounded really close by and when I carefully peeked out the window, I saw he was in our backyard. I was able to snap a few pictures before he went on his merry way- hopping up over our fence and on his homeward way.

I call him our neighboorhood pheasant because this is the 3rd or 4th year he has nested in the creek area behind our house. We've grown used to his warning calls- usually in the morning or evening- and have enjoyed finding him in our yard occasionally.

Surely his presence means that spring is here. In fact, since these pictures are two weeks old, our backyard no longer has snow in it and the grass is beginning to change from brown to green. What a welcome sight that is.

1 comment:

Aunt Sandy said...

Your pheasant is more handsome than our hawk who has also returned, even to the nest in our large oak.