Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Quarters Program

Have you heard about the new quarter program starting April 19th? The quarters are called the "America the Beautiful" series and each one highlights a different national park or monument.

Truth be told, I have mixed feelings about this. I had a lot of fun collecting all 50 of the US state quarters that came out with the first series, but it felt like it took forever to collect them. Now there's this new series, and if I start collecting them, I will have to get all of them. The problem? They will be released for 12 years! In 12 years, I'll be...oh nevermind. I'll be old.

Here the schedule of release dates, and judging by the number of quarters in this program, I think they are expecting this program to be as popular as the other...with quarters being released from 2010 to 2021!

So- what are you planning to do? Collect them or not?

2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

I'm not sure if Craig knows about this. He got really into collecting the state ones and we do love national parks although it may be harder to get all of them. Now that we aren't using a laundrymat anymore we hardly ever have change on us. On the other hand, we won't be tempted to steal from our collection just because we are out of clean socks.

Craig said...

This was a good idea at first, but now it's getting out of hand. Coin series overkill, I call it. After the 50 states, they had all the US territories. Then they started the gold coin president series, and now this. I can't be tying up all my assets in gimmicky coin collections. Although maybe its a good alternative to burying gold in my backyard...