We did break from our relaxing to have lunch at a European bakery. We don't have any pictures of the food, but it was fantastic. Scott and a smoked salmon, wild mushroom, and goat cheese omelete that was delicious. I had a turkey panini with fresh pesto that was great as well.
With full bellies, we went back to our hotel for some more relaxing, and I even took a nap. The rain had stopped by late afternoon, so we decided to walk the mile downhill from Sun Valley to the town of Ketchum. We had to stop by Tully's for some warm drinks and then we were able to get Scott checked in for his race.
Despite the uphill climb back to our hotel, we made it back quickly because it had started to rain again. Being a bit soggy, we spent some time sitting by the fireplace in the great piano room of our hotel. It was perfect and I didn't mind the fact that it was June 4th and I was warming myself by a fire. It was early to bed, since Scott's race was the next morning. I'll let him tell you all about that adventure.
Since it was raining most of the day, we didn't take any pictures, but I thought I would share some of our unique hotel with you. We choose our hotel based on the fact that Scott's race began and ended on the grounds of the resort and the prices were comparable to others nearby.
Not really knowing what to expect, we were pleasantly surprised. Basically, Sun Valley Resort makes up most or all of the entire town of Sun Valley. It's a popular ski destination in the winter, and since it was built in 1936, the walls were covered with photos of famous people that had stayed there through the years.
All of the pools at the hotel were heated, so we could have gone swimming despite the cold temperatures. There was a bowling alley in the hotel along with numerous restaurants.
There was a swan pond out front.
No comments:
Post a Comment