Phew...where did April go? It's over half gone. Before we know it, Baby will be here. We're down to the final countdown now, and it's really a day to day waiting game at this point. That is fine with us. I still have a week of work I would like to try and finish. We'll see if Baby agrees or not as our doctor still seems to think Baby will be coming early. But "early" could mean May 6th instead of our due date of the 7th, right? The doctor originally said we should be prepared for Baby to come 2 weeks early, but that was 11 days ago...go figure. We shall see. We just interviewed a pediatrician yesterday and really liked him, so that was the final item on our "baby to-do list." We're ready for Baby...at least physically. Mentally...that's another story.
Before I forget...we finished up Lent at the beginning of this month with Holy Week. I did meet the 40 bags for Lent challenge that I set out for myself at the end of February. I ended up with 41 bags out of the house, and probably could have had a lot more if our basement wouldn't have been off limits for 3 of those weeks in Lent because of work. Still, 41 bags out is progress in my book!
And now...painting pictures! I'm finally getting around to posting these pictures from last month. Here's a before picture of what the nursery looked like. It served as guestroom #2- not that we ever had many guests. You can see the blue walls, ceiling, trim, etc. We just worked with it even though it didn't match the decor in the room. This was my furniture from when I was a little girl. The comforter set is new though, and one we fell in love with years ago and purchased from the clearance rack. I'd often sit at my desk and work on Bible study, bring in my card making supplies, etc. It was definitely "my room."
Here's proof the closet doors were even blue! I told you my husband was color blind. Can you imagine your whole house this color? It was when we first got married.
And here we have the nursery cleared out and Scott and dad are getting ready to prime it. Look at all the paint samples on the wall. It took 5 yellows and 5 trim colors before we choose one we liked!
Yep- even the inside of the closet was blue. This is the other room next door that Scott is working on. We decided to do both rooms the same color scheme, so that they would at least be painted. The only blue room we have left in the house is the guest bathroom/baby's bathroom. Someday we will get around to painting that room, or at least painting the ceiling and trim in it white!
And the other room is all primed. This used to be guestroom #1. I don't have any before pictures of it, but basically we had a queen bed and some book shelves in it. Maybe some day it will be kid room #2?
And the ceiling and trim are white and the walls are yellow!
Doesn't the nursery closet look nice? No more blue.
After painting, it was on to the next project...nursery furniture assembly. Here's the before picture of the crib. These goofballs were reading all the warning instructions.
And here's the after assembly picture. I did most of the crib assembly with just an alan wrench...it was that easy!
And by the time dad left, this is what the nursery looked like. We assembled the crib and he and Scott did the armoire and combo dresser. Such a change from what used to be "my room."
A friend came over last week and helped hang some room decorations. The Noah's Ark blanket is our main focal point in the room. The animals around the window are just removable decals that match the blanket and crib sheet. The rocking chair is one we got from our honeymoon trip to Costa Rica. It's made of leather and wood, and while it's not as comfortable as one of the traditional gliders with footstools, it has a ton of memories. And plus, we don't have a lot of extra space in the room. We have cordless shades for the window now and just need a small footstool for the chair. Otherwise, the room is ready for a baby!
And here we have the other room. We just moved all the furniture that was in the nursery next door, so this becomes a small guestroom. I love that I can still use it as a study/reading/crafting space if I want. Anyone want to come and visit? We're waiting to see who our first guests will be!!
We're also still waiting for our basement project to be finished. Once that is completed (probably after Baby arrives), we'll have our main guestroom down there and another bathroom. We do have family and friends coming in June for the baptism, but so far no one before that. Anyone need a mountain getaway?
Before I forget...we finished up Lent at the beginning of this month with Holy Week. I did meet the 40 bags for Lent challenge that I set out for myself at the end of February. I ended up with 41 bags out of the house, and probably could have had a lot more if our basement wouldn't have been off limits for 3 of those weeks in Lent because of work. Still, 41 bags out is progress in my book!
And now...painting pictures! I'm finally getting around to posting these pictures from last month. Here's a before picture of what the nursery looked like. It served as guestroom #2- not that we ever had many guests. You can see the blue walls, ceiling, trim, etc. We just worked with it even though it didn't match the decor in the room. This was my furniture from when I was a little girl. The comforter set is new though, and one we fell in love with years ago and purchased from the clearance rack. I'd often sit at my desk and work on Bible study, bring in my card making supplies, etc. It was definitely "my room."
Here's proof the closet doors were even blue! I told you my husband was color blind. Can you imagine your whole house this color? It was when we first got married.
And here we have the nursery cleared out and Scott and dad are getting ready to prime it. Look at all the paint samples on the wall. It took 5 yellows and 5 trim colors before we choose one we liked!
Yep- even the inside of the closet was blue. This is the other room next door that Scott is working on. We decided to do both rooms the same color scheme, so that they would at least be painted. The only blue room we have left in the house is the guest bathroom/baby's bathroom. Someday we will get around to painting that room, or at least painting the ceiling and trim in it white!
And the other room is all primed. This used to be guestroom #1. I don't have any before pictures of it, but basically we had a queen bed and some book shelves in it. Maybe some day it will be kid room #2?
And the ceiling and trim are white and the walls are yellow!
Doesn't the nursery closet look nice? No more blue.
After painting, it was on to the next project...nursery furniture assembly. Here's the before picture of the crib. These goofballs were reading all the warning instructions.
And here's the after assembly picture. I did most of the crib assembly with just an alan wrench...it was that easy!
And by the time dad left, this is what the nursery looked like. We assembled the crib and he and Scott did the armoire and combo dresser. Such a change from what used to be "my room."
A friend came over last week and helped hang some room decorations. The Noah's Ark blanket is our main focal point in the room. The animals around the window are just removable decals that match the blanket and crib sheet. The rocking chair is one we got from our honeymoon trip to Costa Rica. It's made of leather and wood, and while it's not as comfortable as one of the traditional gliders with footstools, it has a ton of memories. And plus, we don't have a lot of extra space in the room. We have cordless shades for the window now and just need a small footstool for the chair. Otherwise, the room is ready for a baby!
And here we have the other room. We just moved all the furniture that was in the nursery next door, so this becomes a small guestroom. I love that I can still use it as a study/reading/crafting space if I want. Anyone want to come and visit? We're waiting to see who our first guests will be!!
We're also still waiting for our basement project to be finished. Once that is completed (probably after Baby arrives), we'll have our main guestroom down there and another bathroom. We do have family and friends coming in June for the baptism, but so far no one before that. Anyone need a mountain getaway?
No comments:
Post a Comment