Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Take on Day 5

Scott has done such a great job updating you on our trip. Thankfully, our lives have been pretty boring lately, so we haven't had much else to post about. Who says you can't post vacation updates a month after your trip? Afterall, we hope to publish our blog postings into a book someday, so really it's a keepsake for us. You readers are just along for the ride.

While Scott has done a great job relaying some of our stories, I've noticed he's focused on the action of each day. I tend to take in all of the sights and natural beauty, so here's a few pictures from Isla Mujeras that he didn't tell you about.

Check out our view once we arrived at the place! Beautiful blue water, palm trees, flowers.

Here's the lizard picture I enjoyed with all of the coral type rocks in the background.

He failed to share our walk through the sculpture garden on the southern most tip of the island. It was neat to compare the rough water on the western side with the calm waters sheltered by the island on the eastern side.
While I did go snorkeling with him for a bit, I definitely had my fill of salt water and underwater creatures after about 30 minutes. I was perfectly content to sit on the beach while he continued snorkeling by himself. It was while he was by himself that he saw the barracuda he told you about. Thankfully I was not with him. I think I would have freaked if I had seen a barracuda underwater and I probably would have scared it away. Not my husband. He followed the barracuda to try and get several photos of it. Impressively, he was able to capture several shots with the underwater camera. This is impressive for someone who admits he has no photo skills.

Anyway, while he was chasing the barracuda, I was relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. Later, as he was sharing his tales with me, I had the chance to see the barracuda from above as it came into the shallow waters near shore. If you look carefully in the photo below, you can see the black blob in the center. This is the barracuda. It was pretty impressive in size, even if I was only looking at it from above water.
It was fun to watch the pelicans diving for fish in the water.

And I enjoyed playing around with my camera taking pictures of the coconut trees.

I loved watching the dolphins play while we waited for our boat to pick us up and return us to Cancun. I opted not to swim with the dolphins, for the price was so expensive, but there were quite a few people that only came to swim with the dolphins and missed all of the other sights we saw.
Finally, I leave you with my self-portrait since Scott left you with his underwater shot.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Here's a way to publish your blog.

Carrie said...

Cool. Have you guys published part of your blog?