"Hi, I'm Scott, and I'm an Olympic addict." "Hi, I'm Carrie, and I'm an Olympic addict." Yes, it's true. We are a double addiction family. Have you seen us at OA (Olympics Anonymous) meetings lately? Maybe you are also an Olympic addict. Have you admitted it to yourself? That's the first step, you know.
We've been spending entirely too much time in front of the TV watching the Olympics. It's one of those things where we just can't help ourselves. We have tasks to complete and work to be done at home, but we are drawn to the TV each night. With the tape delay we have, that means we have been up past 11pm each evening. It's a good thing the Olympics are only for two weeks, for my sleep schedule couldn't handle much more.
There's just something about the Olympics that draws the whole world in, even if only for a short time, and keeps us captivated by the stories of determination, sacrifice, and hard work.
One of the other joys is seeing the beauty of different places around the world. I think we both would like to travel to Vancouver sometime with the beauty of both the mountains and seaside in a metropolitan city. We got to talking about the other Olympic venues and started listing out the cities we have been to. For Scott, it was Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, and St. Louis. For me, the list is a little longer- Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Atlanta, London, Munich, Paris, Beijing, Rome, Tokyo, Berlin, Chamonix (France), and Barcelona.
Scott will soon be adding Atlanta and we'll both be adding Moscow to our list next year. How's your list? Check out a list of former and upcoming Olympic cities here. Now if you'll excuse me, the Olympics are on, and I have some more watching to do.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment