Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

There's just something about a new year that causes people to want to better themselves. I'm not usually one for making resolutions, but for some reason, I'm ready for a fresh start and a fresh focus in 2011. Therefore, I've set some goals for myself for the year.

The one I'm most excited about is Beth Moore's Scripture memorization team. She explains it here and here. Basically, my goal is to memorize 24 Bible verses this year- 1 every 2 weeks. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the point is to spend time focusing on the particular verse for a two-week period. Over 7,000 women around the world have signed-up for the challenge, including my friends M and K. We've committed to keep each other accountable through emails sharing our verses and the reasons we picked them. I can't wait to see how God uses our verses throughout 2011.

My other goals for the year are to lose 5-10 pounds, eat more fruits and veggies, learn to sew and/or knit, be a better wife, figure out my daily worship time/style, and read more books.

No comments: