Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Proud of my Spouse

Yes, I am very proud of my spouse. This past weekend, she decided to step out and try something new. Now, I have to admit that I am a big fan of trying new things. You never grow if you don't try something new, and you never know, you just might be really good at it. So the two of us do think of new things to do every once in a while. That's why I'm now a runner, and that's why you can now call her a knitter.

Yes, that's right. Carrie is in the process of taking a class on knitting. This past Saturday, she attended a 2 hour beginners class to learn. Their project is a scarf, which will end up about 35 inches long. So she went there on Saturday and, in spite of a bit of frustration over the weekend, is well on her way to getting the first 10 inches done soon. As I type, she's sitting at the kitchen table with her needles clacking away!

You might think that a scarf for a beginner might have one basic design. But in this case, you would be wrong. Not only is she learning how to knit, but she's also learning how to purl (that word just sounds funny to me, but I digress). Every four stitches, she changes back. Knit 4, purl 4. I think she does 36 stitches across, which means that she has 9 times on each row that she has to change her style.

I think she's supposed to learn how to make a keyhole this coming Saturday, as her scarf is supposed to be a keyhole scarf. I can't wait to see how well she does. She even just finished her last row in a mere 5 minutes!!!

What new things have you tried recently? What would you like to try that you never have before? And what's keeping you from it? Step out there and take your first step into a new adventure!

No comments: