Monday, July 13, 2009

Creating Hope for Others

Hope. It's such a full word. It carries the thought that there is something better ahead, and that the something better is actually possible. For both Carrie and I, this is a firm belief that we have, not just during our lives in this world, but for what lies beyond our life here.

Having worked with a number of people who face various illnesses and challenges in life, I can truly say that hope is what gives them a reason to continue to push forward. This past weekend, our church sponsored a team with the purpose of giving hope to those who suffer from cancer, as we participated in the Relay For Life.

The young lady who was our team coordinator did a fantastic job of lining up people to walk for the entire time of the relay (25 hours!) as well as leading a few efforts to raise money for Cancer research and awareness. She also was selling our team T-shirts, which looked like this (front and back view side by side).


Usually I won't willingly wear a shirt that tells me to do something like a girl, but when it comes to giving hope to the many people of the world who suffer from cancer, then I will be glad to "Fight like a girl."

I encourage you to find some way during the rest of this year to also create and bring hope to someone who could really use a good dose of it.

No comments: