Thursday, July 30, 2009

Best Places for the Simple Life

Check out this list from the most recent AARP magazine on the top places to live the simple life. They ranked all sorts of criteria such as traffic congestion, affordability, educational opportunities, stress index, health, etc. Here's how they chose their top cities and below you will find those cities:

1. Tucson, AZ
2. Greenville, SC
3. Montpelier, VT
4. Logan, UT
5. Ames, IA
6. Northampton, MA
7. Lexington/Fayette, KY
8. Texas Hill Country, TX
9. Oxford, MS
10. Walla Walla, WA

If you're over 50, our area is a place for you to live a simple life. If you're not over 50, you still might be able to live a simple life. Come and visit and check it out.

4 comments:

Aunt Sandy said...

Interesting; The comment about the mountain views are so true. I love the pictures you have posted of these, Carrie. Did you see that New Braunfels is mentioned as part of the Texas Hill Country?

Carrie said...

Yes, after I read the details on the Top 10 cities I did notice some of the smaller cities included as Texas Hill Country and saw NB was mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Oxford, MS (Ole Miss) is about 90 minutes from my hometown of Starkville (Mississippi State). Even though it's home to the hated rival school, I guess it's kinda neat to see it on the list. Logan too, since I lived there :)

Daniel

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing, Daniel. I didn't know you were from MS.