Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tour O Starbucks

Sorry we haven't posted in awhile. We've both been busy, and when that happens, blogging falls to the bottom of the priority list. Thankfully, my semester is almost over and I "should" have more free time to blog. I'm not making any promises, but we do have pictures and stories to share.

For the past 8 weeks, we've been taking a tour through the bold coffees at Starbucks. They had a neat program where they featured a different bold coffee every week. For every cup you tried, they'd give you a stamp on a passport (see photo below). If you collected all 8 stamps (one for each week), you got a free pound of coffee.

We did the math ahead of time and figured if we bought a small cup of coffee, we would about break even on the cost of the beans. We thought it would be fun for both of us to try all of the different coffees, so we each got our own passport and began sampling each week. It was fun to try the different blends as we usually don't get coffee from Starbucks very frequently.

Here's my passport right before I collected the final stamp and turned it in to get my beans.

We each found different favorites. For me, I liked the Caffe Verona and Cafe Estima Blend. Scott enjoyed the Gold Coast Blend and Sumatra.

No comments: