Well, we survived the weekend- did you? On Halloween I decided to dress up for classes. I usually don't dress up, but it was Friday, and I have a lot of students that are new to the US this semester. I thought it would be a fun surprise for them. I went to work wearing this pumpkin shirt.

Pretty sweet shirt, huh? I also added a surprise- pumpkin socks. Only the most observant students noticed those. I gave candy to the students who had completed their homework.

After work we were both tired and didn't feel like cooking, so we added another pumpkin to our day- a pizza pumpkin from Papa Murphy's. We had seen this before, and they looked cute. Plus, they were only 5.99 and we had a coupon for free cookie dough. Pizza and cookies for 6 bucks on a Friday night- we're a cheap date!

Here's the pizza before and then after. We think after it's baked looks the best- all plumped up like a pumpkin should be.
After our day of pumpkins, we handed out candy to 87 kids! Last year we only had 60 kids come all night, so we figured it would be the same this year. We were wrong! We started out generously giving kids 1-3 pieces, and as time passed, we cut back to 1 piece/kid, and we still ran out of candy (no, we didn't eat anymore of the fresh candy we bought.). We had to turn our light off at 8:15.
It was fun to see the few kids in the neighborhood that we know. We even learned our banker lives nearby as he showed up on our step with his kids. It's a small world in a small town!
1 comment:
Carrie, I had that same pizza for dinner on friday night and I took the exact same pictures! I tried to pass it off to my husband as I made it myself. :)
Post a Comment