A couple of months ago, we bought a sleep machine sound making device that plays while we sleep. This has been a pretty helpful thing since Carrie tends to be a somewhat light sleeper. She has her favorite setting by which we sleep, one which is called White Noise. I personally prefer some of the water sounds, which presented a special moment today.
One of the neighborhood dogs was barking, so Carrie went and got the sleep machine and started to play the Ocean Surf setting. This sounds like waves crashing on the shore over and over, which I find really relaxing. As she worked, sudden inspiration hit me. I ran upstairs and changed into my swimming trunks. Then, I went downstairs and started acting like I was at the beach while Carrie worked away. (Remember, our high today was in the mid 40's.)
It provided a nice light moment to smile about today. If you think you may need this nice sleep machine, Brookstone has it available. It has been a nice addition to our nighttime routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"White noise" sleeper here too! I can totally relate to Carrie on this one. I think I'm turning Lincoln into one too since he's in the crib in our room at night when I've got it on. Nolan's a music sleeper though, so it'll be interesting to see how the two of them do when we put them in the same room!
Post a Comment