Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scout's Honor

One of the joys of my work is helping other people accomplish important tasks to them. I really want to share one recent example with you.

For the past several months, I have been working with a young man that I know to get one of his scouting awards and patches. He and I have met together to go over the work he needed to do for his "God and Family" project. After watching him work on the tasks I set up for him, and seeing the joy he had as he shared them with some of the people from our church, he just finished up and received his badge!

In celebration of their awards, last week I was invited to attend the local scout banquet in honor of all who received awards. Since I never took part in scouts growing up, it was all a new experience for me. To see the presentation of the flags, and to watch all the young men going up to receive their awards was a special moment for me.

I even received a little token to remember the role that I played for this young man. It's a pin I will keep and that will always have a special meaning to me.

I tell you the truth of all of this. Scout's honor!

2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

How neat! My older brother is an eagle scout so I have been to more scouting functions than I can count. At the time I thought it was really boring, but now I see the value in scouting.

Carrie said...

PS- the "young man" is about 6 or 7 years old!