Over the weekend, I travelled back to my hometown to celebrate my cousin's wedding. Because of work commitments, Carrie had to leave on Friday and I left on Thursday.
Little did I know that this was the beginning of an adventure. The first leg of the trip had one stop along the way, at which I was able to get up and move closer to the front of the plane. Then, it was a nice, uneventful flight to Dallas, though with weather, we were delayed a bit.
Upon arriving in Dallas, I had to hurry between gates to catch my next flight. I rushed off the plane, down to the next gate, and pretty quickly got on my next plane. We took off, and about the time the attendants began to collect drink orders, I felt the pocket in which I normally carry my wallet. The only problem was, there was no wallet there! After the sudden moment of panic, I asked the attendant if there was any way to contact the previous flight I was on to see if it was there. She told me that I would have to check with the baggage claim people once I landed.
Upon landing, I went over to the man at the counter. He gave me the phone number for the next airport the plane I got off of in Dallas, which was Little Rock, Arkansas. I finally got hold of someone working there, who reported that, yes, they had found my wallet. So when I return from my trip, I should have my wallet back at home, thanks to Fed Ex. Thanks to Carrie for coming on Friday with my passport in hand!
For those who travel, remember this word of warning. Always, always, always, keep your wallet in your pocket and check it frequently. Then you won't have to engage in your own case of tracking down the missing wallet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment