Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jobs, jobs, everywhere a job!

In my career, I frequently get requests to consider moving and working in other places. Up until the past year, I really hadn't gotten many requests. However, that seems to be changing lately.

Back in November, I had the first call to speak with representatives from another place of employment about their opening. Eventually, we decided that the position and description didn't really fit me well. Little did we know that this was just the beginning of what seems to be the floodgates.

A couple of months later, which was earlier this year, I then received another phone call. This one had two positions that were considering me. Both were in the same state, and at the time I let my name continue on. In addition, shortly after returning from a short PLI trip, I had another call from another organization, this one in a state not too far away. None of them proved to be the right situation, but once again, little did we know that the fun part was just beginning.

Enter July. Through some of the things going on at work (watch for future posts for more information!), I have made a commitment to remain at the current place through a project which will see us build a new facility. It seems that the timing for this was from above, as the day on which my organization stated their desire for me to make this commitment, I received yet another phone call. Another position had opened up for me. Two days later, another call came in, with another position. Then, two days later, yet another call came in. Finally, this very morning, a fourth call came in, the fourth in just over a week. It almost seems overwhelming. Now I know what it feels like to really be in demand!

Carrie and I both feel really good about the commitment we have made to remain here. It just seems that a lot of doors are opening at a time when we have been praying about our commitment here. When the time comes for us to eventually move away from here, it's good to know that we are in God's hands to take care of us.

No comments: