Sunday, July 6, 2008

Christmas in July

Scott and I drove down to the big city on Saturday for some shopping fun. We haven't been out of the valley for awhile, and were in the mood for a drive. Plus, I wanted to go to a Lifeway store and look at some Beth Moore studies. The good news for us was we hit the bargain shopping jackpot! I don't know if it's end of summer sales already, or because the economy is so bad, but we scored some major deals. Here's a sampling of our purchases:

  • Christmas cards- retail: 14.99, we paid: 0.89
  • Cute decorative thingy- retail: 9.99, we paid: 0.59
  • Slip for me- retail: 15, we paid: 2.10
  • Perfect sized dress pants- retail: 60, we paid 2.10
  • Ties and dress shirts- retail: 32.5, we paid 6.97 each

And the list goes on. It was great! We were able to get so many nice things without even spending in the triple digits. Plus, Scott got many of my birthday presents already while I was along to point out things I liked or wanted. Lucky him, his shopping is nearly complete for the month, except for our anniversary...

Scott liked his new clothes so much he even wore one of the shirts and ties to church this morning. This is him after church, he's a little tired, but not too bad for a 13.94 outfit.

No comments: