Saturday, October 18, 2008

Aggravating Gas Prices

I did a very unscientific poll this week and was affirmed of the fact that we continue to pay some of the highest gas prices in the nation. Why? I have no idea. We have our own refineries in the state and the demand here continues to decrease.

I read the national average was $3.00 a gallon and oil prices have fallen to below $70 a barrel. As of Thursday, we were paying $3.30/gallon. It was $2.90 last week in Nebraska, $2.60 in Minnesota mid-week, $2.80 in Atlanta, and $2.40 in other places.

To continue my poll- what are you paying for gas these days?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Care, Yesterday I pd $2.45/gal over NE, then went 2 blks and it was $2.40/gal. Here in beautiful suburban MG, it's $2.49. Nighty night don't let the beg bugs bite! Love, Mom

MacKenzie said...

I filled up our car yesterday and it was at $2.70.

Anonymous said...

Care, today I pd @2.31! It's actually fun to drive again. LOL, Mom

Krista said...

The lowest I've seen it here is $2.69. Most are still around $2.79, though we saw one station around Tech that still had $2.89.

Jenn said...

yeah... that's sad. I was excited to fill up at $3.09 in Ogden this weekend. John and I thought we were doing pretty well, but after reading all the other comments, I'm depressed again...

Carrie said...

Sorry to depress some of you who live in our state, but why are we paying $1 more a gallon??? I still don't have an answer.

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday! Dad & Andy got home from South Dakota tonight. Dianne Soderlund is in the hosp. awaiting baby #2. I pd $2.18 today for gas over NE again on my way home from raking 8 giant bags of leaves. How can 2 trees have so many leaves? It is supposed to snow Sunday. Last year first snow was 11/5. My first observation for the schl yr. went very well yesterday. What a relief. Love, Mom