We made it to 100! That's 100 posts on this blog. A small, yet monumental feat for us, since we didn't really know the direction this blog would go when we first started it last July. We knew we wanted to provide a forum for our family and friends to follow our lives, and we hope we have succeeded in that.
While we don't post nearly as often as we have ideas, we do feel that we've settled into somewhat of a routine of posting 2-3 times a week. We thought we would do something fun for our 100th post. We're going to share 100 things about us (50 each) that you may or may not know. Happy reading.
About Carrie:
1. I like to read.
2. I often have bigger stacks of books waiting to be read than what I'm actually reading.
3. I currently have 3 stacks of books to read- it's been a busy year.
4. My dream job would involve traveling the world.
5. I've traveled to 4 continents.
6. I've visited 19 countries.
7. I hope to travel to all 7 continents someday- yes, even Antarctica.
8. I once jumped off a mountain top in Venezuela- with a paraglider.
9. I'd love to be a contestant with Scott on Amazing Race someday, but fear I'd get too stressed and yell alot (see #10).
10. I need a lot of sleep or else I'm crabby.
11. I do better when I'm on a regular sleep routine.
12. I'd like to write a book and have it published someday.
13. I don't like pets (never had many growing up) because they shed too much.
14. I'm terrible at waiting- very impatient.
15. I once had a deer follow me home (I have the pictures to prove it) while I was out running- in the city!
16. I played on a women's rugby team in high school.
17. I once called the FBI to report illegal activity at a factory I worked at.
18. I'm fascintated by other cultures, traditions, and foods.
19. I love to organize things.
20. I am in charge of all the finances in our family.
21. I like having a monthly budget and sticking to it.
22. I failed my driver's license test on my 16th birthday because I was so nervous. My parents made me wait a month to take it again.
23. I prefer red wine to white wine now.
24. I like to do crafty things, but don't consider myself an artist by any means (you should see my stick people drawings).
25. I love getting things for free or at a radically reduced cost.
About Scott:
26. I grew up on a cotton farm
27. My BA is in Food Science.
28. I once worked at a preschool as a teacher.
29. I would love to go to culinary school someday to become a chef.
30. I have my MDiv in theological education.
31. I think thunderstorms are really fun to watch and hear.
32. I find satisfaction in working with kids and teens.
33. I am colorblind (you should see some of my outfits).
34. I own way too many books (but have read most of them).
35. I want to learn 4 different languages in a lifetime.
36. I can read Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.
37. I like cool to cold weather (70 or less).
38. I love the mountains.
39. I have actually cried after a commercial before.
40. I want to run a 1/2 and full marathon.
41. I am working on my Doctorate degree.
42. I'm an early riser (my wife is a night owl).
43. I rarely get sick.
44. I enjoy teaching.
45. I believe we should never stop learning.
46. I'm the captain of our church softball team.
47. I am trying to eat all foods of the world.
48. I enjoy gardening and growing different plants.
49. I try to see the best in others.
50. I think short naps are a gift from God.
About Carrie:
51. I'm going to Russia next summer with Scott.
52. I don't think I'll ever take an official job using my BA (DCE work). I think that degree was just a pathway to meet Scott and to go on to my Master's.
53. I traveled Europe by backpack with a friend for 5 weeks- on a budget- carrying our own toilet paper and jar of peanut butter.
54. I enjoy making a difference in people's lives.
55. I'm a sinner and frequently make mistakes- thankfully God forgives me each time.
56. I'm passionate about reading the Bible and letting God's Word change my life.
57. I'm in a Monday evening Bible study group with women ages 22-60 and love it.
58. I absolutely love my current job, but also look forward to the time when I'm a mom and stay home more.
59. I love nature photography, but don't have the patience or skill to become better.
60. I have little self-control when it comes to sweets, especially good chocolate.
61. I've held a variety of jobs in the past- t-ball coach, Bible camp counselor, assembly-line worker (see #17), warming house attendant, baseball field cleaner, babysitter, directory-assistance operator then the administrative assistant and hiring person, youth ministry director (see #52), EFL instructor, missionary, and professor just to name a few.
62. I left part of my heart in China and Macau.
63. I enjoy continued learning and taking classes.
64. I spent a month in Germany as a high school exchange student and was too shy to speak much German.
65. I used to run the 100 m in high school track and the 4 x 100 relay.
66. I went on an archaeologial dig in Israel and uncovered a Byzantine floor.
67. I like Curves (a gym for women) and it's the first workout routine that I've stayed with, for 2 1/2 years now.
68. I'm a firm believer in honesty, and have little patience with people who lie or deceive.
69. I enjoy doing pranks and practice jokes- though I don't do it much since college.
70. My mom called me Care Bear before they were invented.
71. I'm a bit ADD- I like making piles of paper. I call them my to-do piles.
72. I've become a bit of a germ-o-phobe. I have to wash my hands before I eat.
73. I was extremely shy when I was younger.
74. I tithe 10% to our church- not because it's required, but because we want to. And God seems to multiply the 90% we have left.
75. I enjoy new and unique experiences.
About Scott:
76. I would love a pet cat or very small dog someday.
77. I find comfort in silence and prayer.
78. I'm a steak lover.
79. I enjoy wine.
80. I have XM radio in my Sonata and love it.
81. I can eat a whole bag of Doritos at one time.
82. I admit to being a Star Trek/Star Wars junkie.
83. I am actually a pretty boring guy.
84. I am organizationally challenged most of the time.
85. Reading is a hobby of mine.
86. I also love watching movies- Pirates, Action, Sci-Fi.
87. I love playing games.
88. An ideal day would involve playing about 20 different games.
89. I enjoy cooking and find it relaxing.
90. I watch Food Network, Planet Earth, and Blue Planet.
91. My favorite sports teams are the Cowboys, Rangers, Red Raiders, and Spurs.
92. I would enjoy working in sports in some capacity- perhaps a broadcaster.
93. I have the best wife in the world.
94. I'm an active Christian.
95. I like reading most Christian literature.
96. I left the US for the first time when I went to visit Carrie in Macau.
97. I've since visited China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Thailand.
98. I've also visited Costa Rice and Mexico.
99. I'm a terrible photographer. Once I took a picture of a stationary starfish and managed to get only half of it in the photo.
100. Don't expect 200 things for our 200th post. I had a hard enough time coming up with 50 (see #83).
Congratulations if you are still reading! We hope you enjoyed reading our facts. It was fun for us to put them together, and we even learned a few new things! Here's to another 100 posts!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy 100!
That was interesting. I knew pretty much all the stuff about Scott and learned some about Carrie.
Scott - Just out of curiosity, what was the commercial? Where did we get our sentimentality? Mom, Dad, and Jessica never seem to tear up, yet I do at tv and movies and music videos a lot. "Armageddon" made me cry!
Maybe for the 200th you could have family and friends guest-post a list. I could come up with a few about Scott. - Changed board game rules at whim. - Practiced blocking out skills on unsuspecting people in the kitchen. - Created the game "Tree" to bug his youngest sister. - Hacked his finger while shucking corn. - Backed a pick-up into a tractor which was practice for him backing his car into a parked car.
Nice list! You guys are great, and we miss you! We were just talking the other night, and we think that somewhere in between all of your busy-ness, you need to come to DC! Hope all is well. :)
Thanks you guys. I love DC and would love to visit. My schedule is not the problematic one right now as I'm looking at 2 months off not too far in the distant future. Talk with my other half about vacation...ha, ha.
Post a Comment