Well, it's pretty much official now. I have survived the various blood draws, weight and blood pressure measurements, and the like. This week, I have been involved in a "run in" with the cholesterol test, eating only the food that they are providing for me.
Here's how it has been working. Monday through Wednesday, I went in to the Nutrition Center for breakfast and dinner. For breakfast, I would have a shake, then the breakfast food. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I had to fill out a brief report about such things as eating all the food provided, not eating other foods, and list out how many non-sugar, caffienated beverages I had (max of 5 8-oz cups). For dinner, I was weighed (to make sure that I was receiving enough food), had another shake, and then dinner.
Now, for Thursday and Friday, we are practicing the weekend. I received two days worth of food to take home and put in the fridge. It has the usual shakes and food, the only difference is that I am not weighed at each dinnertime meal.
Next week the real test begins. That means I get to eat up this weekend and the early part of next week, since I will be in three weeks of eating the food they provide.
Stay tuned for more updates, and even a menu of my daily food.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is it tasty? I don't think I could do that - I would be way to tempted to cheat. Maybe if I was living alone and could keep the fridge empty.
Carrie has said sort of the same thing. The food is actually pretty good, especially since we can add some seasonings to it. But overall, I haven't really felt the need, except for the jambalaya, which needed some heat to it.
Post a Comment