Thursday, August 7, 2008

Not 1, But 2 Goodbyes

I don't know why, but goodbyes are hard for me. You would think, with all the different places I've lived (7) and numerous times I've moved, I would get used to saying goodbye to people. I mean, everytime I had to move and leave a place, it was goodbye to friends and hello to the unknown. Even as a seasoned veteran of goodbyes, it still doesn't get any easier for me.

Last week I had to say goodbye not once, but twice. Two dear women from my Monday night Bible study left the same week. These are women I've been meeting together with for over a year, and these 2 women made up 2/5 of our core group. There have been times when our Monday night group was down to 5, and other times we were up to 10 or 12, but throughout all of the different studies we've done and books we've read, these 2 women have been there- faithfully commited to the study of God's Word and improving their lives.

It would be hard to see just one go, but to have both of them leave is hard. Monday night Bible study just doesn't seem the same without them. I know I need to be patient and adjust to change. I know God is going to bring us more ladies to our study (He already has), but it's just not the same. I also know these women are having new chapters opened in their lives- MK off to be nearer to her ailing mother, and M off for her husband to go to grad school.

I am thankful we were able to have a nice send-off for them 2 Mondays ago. We were also able to gather with M and her husband one last time with our young, married couple's study group (a different group in addition to Monday nights). But still, I'm hoping there aren't any more goodbyes in the near future.

No comments: