Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Fantasy Football Season!!!

As we get close to the start of the NFL season, it also marks a special season for me and many others: Fantasy Football season. For those who don't know, fantasy football involves choosing player from professional football teams, selecting them for your team, and then it takes the statistics of your players and gives points for achievements such as yards, touchdowns, and the like, and compares them to the players of the other teams in your league.

This year, as last, I am involved in two leagues. The first one is a fun church-league, where I have young people and friends pick their teams and play against each other. We compete for the regular season to see who gets the highest playoff position, and then compete for the championship. Carrie also is taking part for the second year in a row, and she really enjoys the competition.

My second league involves a number of my colleagues and friends. Last year, I ended up third in this league, and am looking to win the championship for my first time (we've been playing together for a few years). Overall, I am happy with the players I have on both of my teams.

Keep tuned in for updates on how my teams are doing. Hope that all goes well for both Carrie and I as we have fun once again this year! If you like, make your own team on the Yahoo fantasy sports website!

1 comment:

Craig said...

Both of you are going down.